| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:10 pm Post subject: K´s From Spain |
|
|
Hello !!!
My name is Jose , I´m from Spain
Here are some pic´s from my K100Rs 16v (91) and K1200Gt (03)
I love the K engines
Actually I only use the Gt becase the K100 needs to change the gear box and Bendix too and I need to make a little bit of time to operated
May be during that wintter because I miss to ride on my K100Rs

Last edited by K jRS on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Ernie-NH Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 14 Oct 2009 Posts: 982 Location: Bristol, New Hampshire
|
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hola Jose...
Nice looking machine you've got there.! ... and please keep those pics from Spain coming. We love everything we can get.
Best regards.......// Ernie in NH _________________ AMA,, American Deaf Bikers
Airhead Beemers Club
'11 G650gs
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Mystic Red Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 2330 Location: Twin Lakes Idaho
|
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Welcome Jose, your picture of the RS didn't show up. Love the GT though. _________________ Scott Hespelt, '94 K11LT
K11 OG #466 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Ted Site Admin

Joined: 03 Apr 2003 Posts: 1117 Location: Further
|
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I'd love to see a pic of my K75RT in Spain (with me on it!) _________________
Ted
KOG#1 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karlos11 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 188 Location: Portugal, Europe
|
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi Jose! Glad to hear from you again, vecino!
Nice K1200! I never rode one of those, but I can imagine they're a pretty good evolution of the previous K11's, right? Sorry, I can't see your K100.
Please send more photos. I imagine the weather isn't all that pleasant over there (today we've had rain and wind all day ), but K bikes look good in any scenery. Hasta luego!  _________________ Carlos
'95 K1100 RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am Post subject: K jRs |
|
|
Hi everybody !!!
I really sorry about the picture of the K100 but here it´s
About the Gt , It´s a great bike uauhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
I really enjoy a lot with Gt you can drive it over the limits on curve´s roads and let you rectify on curves, really easy to drive,
You need some time to accomodate to the telelever, then you drive like .
I´ll show you more pic´s soon
Thanks a lot  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:41 am Post subject: |
|
|
K100's are showing up a bit more lately.
Your white K-RS looks familiar.......
 _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karlos11 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 188 Location: Portugal, Europe
|
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Looks nice, that white K! Nice garage you have there, Jose.
Regarding the K1200, are the handlebars adjustable?
Regards!  _________________ Carlos
'95 K1100 RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Nice K 100 Rs that you´ve John
I like a lot K bikes on white
Karlos11 , the Gt´s handelbar is adjustable but I´m looking for an extra kit to make more adjustable
Here is another picture with a couple K friends here in Spain
And after a nice ride, Lunch time in Segovia ( Cochinillo )
[/img]
We use to meet frecuently at any point of Spain , next time We´ve a meeting is on March from 4th to 6th in Alicante
Anyone who wants to come is invited to asist

Last edited by K jRS on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Some other pictures
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Interesting orange color on the K-RS
 _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The only one orange K-Rs bike on the group by now
It´s diferent but I can said that looks nice on live |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 am Post subject: |
|
|
K 1200Gt in La Rioja (nice wine place)
Some other picture before leaving on weekend trip
Karlos here you can see the handelbar
You can adjust openig or closing levers but is not adjustable at depth
by now
That I´m looking to put is something like that , then is more adjustable
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karlos11 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 188 Location: Portugal, Europe
|
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
That is what I'd like to do my K, Jose. To arrange some barbacks that could raise the handlebar. I took some photos and measures to a specialist in metals (don't know how it's called in english) and he gave me a budget: 200 euros for the two pieces! A bit expensive...
I have some other contacts that, eventually, will do a better price for the work. I'll keep my topic updated about this, as soon as I have news.
Meanwhile, what a nice group of K's you have there, Jose! It's a pleasure to see that these bikes aren't seen as old (we have a very "new motorcycle park" in Portugal, you know). What a pitty that Alicante is about 1,000 kilometers from here. I'd gladly join the group!  _________________ Carlos
'95 K1100 RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Flying Duck PsyKotic Waterfowl

Joined: 27 Jan 2005 Posts: 10102 Location: Bumf***, WA
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phil Marvin Rider in the Sky
Joined: 03 Apr 2003 Posts: 1389 Location: El Paso, Texas, USA
|
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi, K jRS,
Dining on cochinillo in Segovia brings back fond memories. There was (is?) a restaurant next to the aqueduct named Meson Candido. It was famous for cochinillo, so tender it could be cut with a dinner plate. For those who don't speak Spanish, cochinillo is roast suckling pig. _________________ Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karlos11 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 188 Location: Portugal, Europe
|
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Those are great, Duck, specially the second ones. Didn't knew neither of them. Thanks!
The only "problem" is that they don't have holes to bolt the "button pad". I'd like to keep it. Otherwise, they look very nice and of good quality. Maybe I'll email the seller to know more details... Many thanks! _________________ Carlos
'95 K1100 RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:10 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Phil Marvin wrote: | Hi, K jRS,
Dining on cochinillo in Segovia brings back fond memories. There was (is?) a restaurant next to the aqueduct named Meson Candido. It was famous for cochinillo, so tender it could be cut with a dinner plate. For those who don't speak Spanish, cochinillo is roast suckling pig. |
Hey Phil !!
Candido´s Meson is still next to aqueduct,
The most famous roast suckling pig place in Segovia
It´s amaizing watch how make pieces the roast with a plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP08GSiPOrQ&feature=related _________________ K 100 Rs 16V ABS (91)
K 1200 Gt (03)
------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
K jRS

Joined: 10 May 2010 Posts: 16 Location: Basque country Vitoria
|
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Karlos11 wrote: | That is what I'd like to do my K, Jose. To arrange some barbacks that could raise the handlebar. I took some photos and measures to a specialist in metals (don't know how it's called in english) and he gave me a budget: 200 euros for the two pieces! A bit expensive...
I have some other contacts that, eventually, will do a better price for the work. I'll keep my topic updated about this, as soon as I have news.
Meanwhile, what a nice group of K's you have there, Jose! It's a pleasure to see that these bikes aren't seen as old (we have a very "new motorcycle park" in Portugal, you know). What a pitty that Alicante is about 1,000 kilometers from here. I'd gladly join the group!  |
Had you check the website of Wunderlich??
I know that pieces for the Gt cost 170€ the pair
but I don´t know if there´re for the K1100Rs
About the group of K bikers is amaizing , the last time We meet , when you look back by the mirrors You can see a long K-bikes line on the road.
Just today I´d recived the anouncement from the IV K-Treffen in Castellon
We try to meet the higher number of K- bikes , a couple years ago some Germans K bikers assisted ,
We´ll be gladly that you join with us of a K Weekend  _________________ K 100 Rs 16V ABS (91)
K 1200 Gt (03)
------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Karlos11 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 188 Location: Portugal, Europe
|
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
| K jRS wrote: |
Had you check the website of Wunderlich??
I know that pieces for the Gt cost 170€ the pair
but I don´t know if there´re for the K1100Rs
|
No, no handlebar risers for the K1100RS. But thanks for reminding me of Wunderlich, Jose. It's been a while since I checked their catalogue.
I did found one simple and discrete cruise-control system for K11's: an adjustment wheel for the right bar end weight. Does anyone have it?
Regards!  _________________ Carlos
'95 K1100 RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|