| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
mnb Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Posts: 660 Location: San Jose, CA
|
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 am Post subject: Serta doesn't make LT springs |
|
|
... so I went with a set of wilbers fork springs and rear shock. All sprung for my weight and brand new from the factory. Also a couple new fork tubes since the old ones were pitted and the right one leaks a bit on rough roads.
I asked for expedited shipping in the hopes the parts will come in before my first of many trips coming up starting on the 28th.
I decided not to go for remote reservoir or remote preload adjustment. While the remote adjustment is convenient, I don't think it's worth the extra $200. Most of the time I don't expect to miss the remote reservoir, but once in a while I might... This kept the shock cost to under $600.
Also, going 3rd party for the tubes, I'm saving about 50%.
Many of the local riders seem to enjoy torturing themselves on really rough roads. I'm hoping these upgrades will make that a less tortuous experience for me. I know it'll make handling in general, especially at speed much better.  _________________ M N B
1997 BMW K1100LT ABS Special Edition
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
2007 Harley Davidson Road King
2009 BMW F800GS
2011 Husqvarna TE310
2014 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak MNB Edition |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:50 am Post subject: |
|
|
I'm about a week away from dropping in my heavyweight Race Tech springs myself.
I can't wait, to say the least.
For us big guys it's a huge upgrade. _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
owrstrich Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 29 Oct 2006 Posts: 2566 Location: CheezConsin
|
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
but they got racing sheep...
j o _________________ yeeeeeehaaaaaaa... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
PHIL1601UK Big Brick Rider

Joined: 01 May 2007 Posts: 64 Location: Bristol, UK
|
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
mnb,
I came to the same conclusion over the remote reservoir, nice to have but not essential, wilbers shock and springs should make the world of difference.
Phil. _________________
1996 Aspen Silver K1100LTSE - acquired 23/03/07 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|