Fuel pump resurrection

Tech stickies will end up here so as not to clog up the Tech subforum

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

Fuel pump resurrection

Postby Flying Duck » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:59 am

Had a fuel pump that got stuck and wouldn't run after sitting in a tank over the winter. Woe is me.

I tried filling the holes with PB Blaster and letting it sit for a week. No joy.

Then I put it in a glass of Chevron Techron Concentrate and letting it sit for a week. I gave it a few jolts of 12V and it was still stuck. Then I powered it up for a few seconds (hoping not to burn it out in the process) and it finally spun up.

For a really rusted out fuel pump I doubt this would work but for a marginally stuck one it seems as though Techron (nectar of the Gods) can actually do the trick.
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Return to Tech Resources & Stickies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest