That's gonna leave a mark.

Discuss Anything Here!

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

Postby SugarHillCTD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm

SO?? Howz the leg?

Guess the ADV folks are keeping your attention away from your pain- I hope.

Beats livin' in Mexico on the border, huh?
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Off the grid » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Had about 16 ADV folks over last night, great time but I overexerted myself way too much. Felt nauseous from the pain and had to lay down while the party raged on. Good people, Paula and I will miss them when we move.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby Shoganai » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Off the grid wrote: Paula and I will miss them when we move.


Move??

Where?

Nice of them to come over. :D
1993 K1100RS aka The Shop Whore
1994 K1100RS aka Blue Streak

The long road is a rainbow and the pot of gold lies there.
So slip the chain and I'm off again,
You'll find me everywhere. I'm a Rover. - JT


Nana korobi ya oki
User avatar
Shoganai
Shop Whore Rider
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Culpeper,VA

Postby Scott_Anderson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 am

Shoganai wrote:
Off the grid wrote: Paula and I will miss them when we move.


Move??

Where?



Dave, I thought you just moved. :shock:
Or are you talking about the move south in the future.
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

Postby ChrisWeeK1100RS » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:43 am

Move to Malaysia pal, it's really warm here all the time ;)

Chris
"Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia
User avatar
ChrisWeeK1100RS
Mad Brick Rider
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Malaysia

Postby Off the grid » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:44 am

Scott_Anderson wrote:
Shoganai wrote:
Off the grid wrote: Paula and I will miss them when we move.


Move??

Where?



Dave, I thought you just moved. :shock:
Or are you talking about the move south in the future.


Ya South (NC)
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby Flying Duck » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 am

And humid.
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby ChrisWeeK1100RS » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:49 am

Flying Duck wrote:And humid.


That's the killer! Hahahaha :P

Chris
"Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia
User avatar
ChrisWeeK1100RS
Mad Brick Rider
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Malaysia

Postby Jim Brotherton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Moving from NY to NC? I did that when I was young, them good old boys are going to have fun with you. But one of the best places I have lived, plan on a trip there when I hit the States at the end of April (last time there was 11 years ago).
1995 K1100RS
2004 R1150RT
Jim Brotherton
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Nieuwegein Netherlands

Postby Off the grid » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Ya, we planned a Jan 2011 move. Not sure how much being out of work for 3-4 months will delay that. :(

I guess whatever God has in store for us we will go with. Hard for Paula though, as tough, organized, hardworking and loving as she is the one thing she lacks is the innate feeling that everything will work out, much as I point out our history, she worries incessantly. Again, I try to have her reflect at our past together, all the hurdles and obstacles we have overcome already, the times of sickness and slim wallets, broken down cars and unemployed for 2 months....it's always worked out. And usually after the crisis we are often in a better spot than we were in before!

Don't get me wrong, I love my wife to death and she is the best person I know, but we are polar opposites in regards to crisis management.

I think it's a woman thing, but it drives me fkn crazy to keep having to play cheerleader. (about our future mostly)

Can't say enough about the job she is doing with me laid up. Pretty much everything she is taking care of.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby HoosierStu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Dave,

I'm very sorry to hear the bad news! Take care of yourself and try not to stress out.

Since I rarely find time to ride, I've had comfort knowing that people like you are putting on mile for me. I appreciate your enthusiasm for riding and look forward to hearing that you have completely recovered.

Remember that preparing for a trip can be half the fun. Your time spent laid up in bed is a good time to plan your next long trip!

Take care.

HoosierStu
"Still can't find 6th gear" 94 K1100LT
User avatar
HoosierStu
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:12 pm
Location: Goshen Indiana

Postby SugarHillCTD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:46 am

Hey "gimpy" :lol:

How about an update on the leg? Inquiring minds want to know.......
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Off the grid » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey thanks John....well the leg is doing awesome. I graduated to crutches and then a cane just 2 days ago. Spending a lot of time out in the garage and doing my physical therapy. I can walk (with a serious limp) but can put my weight on it now, which means I don't have to sit to put on pants or shoes.

I hope to be riding again in a month, and back to work on July 1st. The MD took some films last week and said everything looks fantastic.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby Phil Marvin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Off the grid wrote:Hey thanks John....well the leg is doing awesome. I graduated to crutches and then a cane just 2 days ago. Spending a lot of time out in the garage and doing my physical therapy. I can walk (with a serious limp) but can put my weight on it now, which means I don't have to sit to put on pants or shoes.

I hope to be riding again in a month, and back to work on July 1st. The MD took some films last week and said everything looks fantastic.


Hi, Dave,
Well, if the films look fantastic, they are obviously not photos of your face! :twisted: Glad to hear you are getting better and FAST!
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Off the grid wrote:. I can walk (with a serious limp) but can put my weight on it now, which means I don't have to sit to put on pants or shoes.


I suggest you sit to put your pants on - people have been known to break a leg doing that shit standing up!!!



/runs


:lol:
Jim bmw-)
I'll stick with "the brick"
1997 K1100LTSEA 70,000

"There's a disturbance in the Force" Yoda
User avatar
Jim
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:46 am
Location: Northern VA US

Postby SugarHillCTD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Dave,

GREAT to hear about your progress!

You are obeying rehab/orthopod instructions, RIGHT?

Be well.

John
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Shoganai » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Dave, you said, and I quote, "That's gonna leave a mark." :wink:

So.....let's see this said mark. 8)
1993 K1100RS aka The Shop Whore
1994 K1100RS aka Blue Streak

The long road is a rainbow and the pot of gold lies there.
So slip the chain and I'm off again,
You'll find me everywhere. I'm a Rover. - JT


Nana korobi ya oki
User avatar
Shoganai
Shop Whore Rider
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Culpeper,VA

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Trouble maker - you better go get another job, girl!
Jim bmw-)
I'll stick with "the brick"
1997 K1100LTSEA 70,000

"There's a disturbance in the Force" Yoda
User avatar
Jim
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:46 am
Location: Northern VA US

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:54 am

Howz about a leg status update there, big guy?

Has Paula recovered from you being at home? :lol:
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Off the grid » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:26 pm

SugarHillCTD wrote:Howz about a leg status update there, big guy?

Has Paula recovered from you being at home? :lol:


Funny you should ask John, I see the Orthopod today at 3pm and go back to work full duty tomorrow at 8am. :shock:

That's going to SUCK after sleeping till noon every day for the last 3 months! :P
(but alas I value a paycheck more than sleeping like a teenager)
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Welcome back to the real world, Dave :lol:

Seriously, GREAT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LEG.

John
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Flying Duck » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Glad to hear you're "normal" again.

Be careful putting your pants on tomorrow. :P
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby robleyd » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 pm

I guess this could be seen as another reason why the Scots invented the kilt :D
1996 K1100 LT
1969 Triumph Bonneville
robleyd
Mad Brick Rider
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Postby drikko » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 pm

I suspect FD was more comcerned that he actually remembered to put his pants on, especially seeing as he probably hasn't put any on for 3 months.....
K1100RS '97
Laverda SF3 750 '76
Jim Young Trailer Sailer 5.7M WB

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.

'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde
drikko
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 am
Location: Brisbane, OZ

Postby Scott_Anderson » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Dave, better yet, don't do it alone, let Paula help you. :wink:

































Or do you need a 'lifealert' pendant. :lol: :lol:
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Campfire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests