The newbie's ride

Post pics and ride reports here - let's see those K11's!

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

The newbie's ride

Postby Skip Jacques » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi all,

Posted my mug on the MUG forum, but I know people are more interested in the bike.

My 94 K1100RS has been treating me well on my daily commute, and I am looking forward to riding her down to HMSP III :D

Image

Image
1994 K1100RS
2002 HD FLHRC

Short, Fat, Skinny, or Tall... I like 'em all!
User avatar
Skip Jacques
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: Northwood, NH

Postby Off the grid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 pm

It looks like your seat has a yeast infection.

Other than that, I heart some RS.

The matching modular is a great touch as well.

*Does it have a BFD?
Last edited by Off the grid on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby Ted » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Man that bike is SPOTLESS! Very nice! Are those the stock bars?
Image Ted V Image
KOG#1 - '94 K75RT
User avatar
Ted
Site Admin
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:44 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby supercat1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 am

Off the grid wrote:It looks like your seat has a yeast infection.

Other than that, I heart some RS.

The matching modular is a great touch as well.

*Does it have a BFD?


Image
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby malcolmt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 am

Hey OTG... do you agree GFD looks better ?? :shock:
******************************
A Bike on the road is worth two
in the shed
******************************
malcolmt
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 am
Location: Joburg,S.Africa

Postby malcolmt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 am

Hi SK,

You bike looks damm good, how far is your daily commute ?
I'd prefer to use my K11 for the daily commute except the traffic make my K75 more practical.
see ya
Malcolm(t)
Joburg, South Africa
******************************
A Bike on the road is worth two
in the shed
******************************
malcolmt
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 am
Location: Joburg,S.Africa

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:26 am

Hey Skip,

Nice bike- even better color!! Now where have I seen one just like that :roll:

Image

At least for now the K11OG balance in NH has been achieved: 2 LT and 2 RS
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Off the grid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:30 am

malcolmt wrote:Hey OTG... do you agree GFD looks better ?? :shock:


I have to admit the GFD is rockin on your bike. Very Iron Man-esque.

However a BFD is.....well, a BFD. 8)

The origin of the species.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby supercat1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am

otg, i give you permission to reuse that image as much as you want. hell maybe you should print it off and put it in your office just as a reminder that the bfd is a bfd.
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby Skip Jacques » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks everyone for the compliments. This is her good side, with a few scuffs on the opposite side's lower fairing and mirror. Can't complain for $3k (48k miles and climbing). Plus, I am quite good with composites and decent with paint. I'm considering making a replacement lower out of Carbon Fiber, depending on time.

malcolm, my commute is 30 minutes of back roads, which used to be 40+ minutes pre-k11. I like the painted bags on your RS MUCH better than mine! Not sure on the GFD though... not bad, but reminds me of a Virago 1100 I had in my 20's. Mine is the standard BFD.

Ted, thanks... it's clean this week. The handlebars are stock with added risers.

Off the grid wrote:It looks like your seat has a yeast infection.


I admit the white is different, but will be appreciated by my ass in the summer, when getting on the bike after its been sitting in open sun... no more roasted chestnuts! :shock:

SugarHillCTD wrote:Nice bike- even better color!! Now where have I seen one just like that :roll:

Thanks, John... I love the color. Guess our bikes will look like twins aside from yin-yang seats, when we hook up here in NH.
1994 K1100RS
2002 HD FLHRC

Short, Fat, Skinny, or Tall... I like 'em all!
User avatar
Skip Jacques
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: Northwood, NH

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Skip Jacques wrote: Guess our bikes will look like twins aside from yin-yang seats, when we hook up here in NH.


UH-OH. Busted. The color may be similar but the marque isn't.

Right now my RS is in "limbo" (sort-of for sale)

This is my new ride.....

Image
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby malcolmt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Skip,

The gold wheels and drive sorta grow on you. A PO did the deed, I bought the bike with the intension of putting her back to standard but have spent too much time riding. I could take a shot with her wearing my K75's bags.

I'm doing 75km per day on the K75, its mainly freeway with hectic traffic.
Takes me 35mins and close to an hour if I use the car.

Get some miles under the seat and enjoy.
MalcolmT
******************************
A Bike on the road is worth two
in the shed
******************************
malcolmt
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:04 am
Location: Joburg,S.Africa


Return to Pictures & Ride Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests