Corbin dual Sport

Discuss Gear & Gadgets

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

Corbin dual Sport

Postby hirschhs » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Managed to get hold of a nice looking Corbin DS. It looks great on the bike but 'hard' is not the word! I'm thinking I'll get used to it and it's nice on bends as you feel like there's more control through the saddle but - will I soften up before it does?! Anyone any experience of these?
Cheers, Steve H _______________________________________
K-less in Bucks
2001 ST1100A

1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
Image
User avatar
hirschhs
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby Flying Duck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:22 pm

For long rides you want a slightly firmer seat. It's that way on purpose.
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby Mystic Red » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 pm

For long rides you want a slightly firmer seat. It's that way on purpose.


+1 That's the first thing I noticed about mine. Can sit in it all day though.
Scott Hespelt, '94 K11LT
KOG #466
User avatar
Mystic Red
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: Twin Lakes Idaho

Re: Corbin dual Sport

Postby Tim (Midland Section) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 pm

hirschhs wrote:Managed to get hold of a nice looking Corbin DS. It looks great on the bike but 'hard' is not the word! I'm thinking I'll get used to it and it's nice on bends as you feel like there's more control through the saddle but - will I soften up before it does?! Anyone any experience of these?


The bloke who sold me mine, warned me about how hard it was before I opened my wallet. To paraphrase his next line:- but after 200 miles it doesn't get any worse, unlike the standard "comfort" seat. Certainly fits my arris better, is narrower near the tank so is like a lowered seat at junctions. I do find a sheepy helps no end http://www.lambland.co.uk/shop/sheepskin-pads-p-1191.html mine was a fiver in 2005.
I persevered, definitely a convert. SWMBO likes her bit too.
Regards Tim,

Grey haired riders don't get that way by pure luck
1998 K1100LTSE only 63k miles ATM
750 Commando
BSA B40
G6HRN
#485
User avatar
Tim (Midland Section)
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham, England.

Postby RAL88 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:11 pm

For me it was different. My boney arss couldn't get used to the hard seat for long or short rides. I went through 5 different seats before I decided I would not buy another corbin. I will probably get a custom from Sargent or Cee-Bailey.
Rich

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
*************
'96' K1100LT-SE
'85'K100RT Iron-K *SOLD*
82 Honda CB450T
User avatar
RAL88
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:47 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Postby supercat1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 pm

i've now had two. my first was a dual canyon that came with the bike. it was comfortable enough, but looked like total crap as the stitching was coming apart at the seams. can't really complain, the seat was 9 years old and had never been recovered and spent at least 2 years outside (but under a cover).

the new(er) one i have is a gunfighter and i love it. definitely sits more comfortably and makes the bike look much better and newer. now, i just think i need to find the "right" seat hardware as both seats have sat a bit further back than i think they are supposed to. there is a noticeable gap between the tank guard things and the front of the saddle. is it supposed to be that way? if not, where do i go to get the correct hardware?
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby skdonlan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Mine is hard as hell and isn't getting any softer after about 10k on it. Like the one guy said, it doesn't get any worse after 200 miles, but by then your cheeks are numb anyway.

I've considered a gel or air pad to soften it up a bit.
Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
93 K1100RS Mystic Red, 50K+ and goin' strong!
"but the red one is very tasty what with its burnished gold wheels." Superbike 1993
User avatar
skdonlan
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:58 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Postby hirschhs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:51 am

Right.. so I'll just have to put some weight on to provide a bit more padding!
Cheers, Steve H _______________________________________
K-less in Bucks
2001 ST1100A

1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
Image
User avatar
hirschhs
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Bucks, UK


Return to Product Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests