WTB: right fork (or possibly both)

Post Items for Sale Here

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

WTB: right fork (or possibly both)

Postby bakrd » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:08 am

I need a right fork for a KRS might take both.
bakrd
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

Welcome to K11!

You might want to post some more details about your bike. I'm not sure the forks were the same for all of them...
Jim bmw-)
I'll stick with "the brick"
1997 K1100LTSEA 70,000

"There's a disturbance in the Force" Yoda
User avatar
Jim
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:46 am
Location: Northern VA US

Postby Sonu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Bakrd,

I have a spare right and left fork that came with my K1100LT. Not sure if they would work on an RS but hopefully someone else here will chime in and clarify.

Sanjiv
1997 K1100LT "Ziggy" 55K "Stock bike". Well....
Garmin GPS_Corbin saddle_K Guards _Hyperlights_Fog lights_Relay kits_Cee Bailey_4"speakers
Image
User avatar
Sonu
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:02 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby Phil Marvin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi, All,
Check the part numbers on the ETK (Realoem, Max, etc.) and see if they are the same for both K1100RS and K1100LT. I believe they are, except for the LT's which came with polished lowers and, even then, I think they are the same except for the exterior surface of the lowers. But check yourself to make sure.
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby Scott_Anderson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Am I wrong in my thinking that the "left" and "right" have different internal parts, damper assy and such?
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

Postby Phil Marvin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:05 pm

OK, I checked. The K1100RS and K1100LT forks are the same. They have the same part number. The left and right are different from each other. The cartridges are different. That's as far as my checking went'
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron