96 RS, 1140 miles, 4800$

Post Items for Sale Here

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

96 RS, 1140 miles, 4800$

Postby Off the grid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:43 am

Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

K 11 RS

Postby jpberens1994K1100RS » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 am

I'm headed out on a family, read no bike, vacation Friday morning, back in town on the 30th.
I'm not too far from that town in Ill. maybe 90 miles, and I could buzz down a take a look at it if any one is serious.

It's a bit high, and a sitting K bike is not a happy K bike, plus the ABS stuff and it was flopped at LOW speed, and there is no plate which means it REALLY has not seen ANY road milage for a bit. Yeah, he could of dropped the plate for pictures, just saying, but who knows? Diamond in the rough?
1993 K1100RS that I'd rather be riding FAST!
jpberens1994K1100RS
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:21 pm
Location: Hales Corners, WI.

Postby Phil Marvin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 am

Dropped, missing one saddlebag, ABS problems (maybe low battery voltage, maybe not). Needs tires (remember, the tires were new in '95 or '96, when the bike was built). What does the fuel tank inside look like? Does it need a new fuel pump? What about the brakes? There is already an ABS problem. Is there still 14 year old brake fluid throughout the system? Yeah, the mileage is low, but what problems would just sitting have caused.

My last K1100LT (a '95 model) had less than 5k miles on it when I bought it in 2005. The tires were original (immediately changed). The fuel tank was OK (ridden some, not often, for the previous 10 years) and the fuel pump was fine. The front brake master cylinder began leaking on my way home, and a few months later I also had to replace the rear master cylinder. Luckily, I had no other leaks and the bike ran well. Will the purchaser of this K1100RS be as lucky?
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby owrstrich » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 am

mes thinks theres a rest of the story and it aints good...

j o
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Postby HoosierStu » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

After 13 years, how the heck can someone only have 1100 miles on a bike?

Perhaps he rode it down to his mail box and back every month.

What happened to the other luggage bag? Did someone steal it while he was busy reaching for the mail?
Last edited by HoosierStu on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Still can't find 6th gear" 94 K1100LT
User avatar
HoosierStu
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:12 pm
Location: Goshen Indiana

Postby supercat1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:14 pm

from experience, those plastic hinges shear apart really easy in a fall. however, they are anything but difficult to replace and have a functioning bag again. clearly this guy is not the brightest about his bike and may have gotten rid of the bag thinking it was toast.

i'd say definitely not worth the price for all the reasons phil mentioned and then some (gotta expect the unexpected).
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby endoman100 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

I got mine for free as you all know from my early post. mine sat for six years without running at all when I got it spent 1100.00 on Ing SW,Tires, Fuel pump, Fork seals, batt, Fuel filter, o-rings for fuel inj's, bleed the breaks and other stuf I cannot recall . but never had to replace any thing in the engine or trans or f-drive except the oil. no smoke everything runs fine exsept the odometer and temp gauge can't complain much ride it everyday to work.
I don't think you can really kill a brick they just want to run....
Might be a diamond in the ruff
In the words of the stones
Time Is On My Side
Yes It Is
1993 K1100RS
Image
User avatar
endoman100
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: Hastings Fl.

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:05 pm

endoman100 wrote:I got mine for free as you all know from my early post. mine sat for six years without running at all when I got it spent 1100.00 on Ing SW,Tires, Fuel pump, Fork seals, batt, Fuel filter, o-rings for fuel inj's, bleed the breaks and other stuf I cannot recall


CRAP- That's less than I have done to my POCbrick in the last 6 months. Remember- "pennies to maintain" and the Easter Bunny exists. :roll: :roll:

endoman100 wrote:I don't think you can really kill a brick they just want to run....


Well, sometimes.............
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby endoman100 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 pm

SugarHillCTD wrote:
endoman100 wrote:I got mine for free as you all know from my early post. mine sat for six years without running at all when I got it spent 1100.00 on Ing SW,Tires, Fuel pump, Fork seals, batt, Fuel filter, o-rings for fuel inj's, bleed the breaks and other stuf I cannot recall


CRAP- That's less than I have done to my POCbrick in the last 6 months.

endoman100 wrote:I don't think you can really kill a brick they just want to run....


Well, sometimes.............


mine sat for so long the tank had black chuncks of dried gas It took 2hrs of cleaning and rinsing to get all of it out. fuel pump was froze and the injectors where clogged.
I guess I have bin lucky with repairs.. pennies to maintain. just turn key and ride :D
In the words of the stones
Time Is On My Side
Yes It Is
1993 K1100RS
Image
User avatar
endoman100
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: Hastings Fl.

Postby Flying Duck » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I bought my 93 LT with less than 14k on it back in 2005. It had been sitting for a while (I could tell from the 18 layers of dust on it the PO didn't bother to wash off and the nearly black brake fluid :roll: )

All I did was give it a Level II service and lube the splines and buy a new set of tires. Aside from that, pennies to maintain and it's at about 38k now.

If I lived near that bike and needed another K1100RS it'd be worth taking a look IMO.
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby BobZ(IL) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:05 pm

If I lived near that bike and needed another K1100RS it'd be worth taking a look IMO


I tempted to look out of couriosity, don't live too far away. My contention has always been ride the BMW's and you won't have the head bearing, seal and spline problems.

It's worked for me so far.
'93 K1100LT
'78 R100S
BMWMOA, CRBMWOA, ABC
User avatar
BobZ(IL)
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Bourbonnais, IL

Postby endoman100 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:11 pm

BobZ(IL) wrote:
If I lived near that bike and needed another K1100RS it'd be worth taking a look IMO


I tempted to look out of couriosity, don't live too far away. My contention has always been ride the BMW's and you won't have the head bearing, seal and spline problems.

It's worked for me so far.


talk him down to a good price. 3k should be fair
In the words of the stones
Time Is On My Side
Yes It Is
1993 K1100RS
Image
User avatar
endoman100
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: Hastings Fl.


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron