bag liners

Post Items for Sale Here

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

bag liners

Postby supercat1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm

so i just talked to a guy that has two sets of bag liners for sale. they are from a 1988 k100rs. from some google image searching the bags look very similar to the ones i have ... do you think they will fit? and $100 for both sets, is that a good price?

thanks!
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby Phil Marvin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi, Supercat1,
The bags are the same, so the bag liners should fit. Are they worth the $100 asking price? Not to me, but that's MY opinion. Others may differ. Personally, I use Wal Mart or grocery store plastic bags to waterproof and separate underwear, shirts, pants, dirty clothes, etc. inside the saddlebags.
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby Flying Duck » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby mnb » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm



I have those exact bags and have been pretty happy with them.
M N B
1997 K1100LT ABS Special Edition
2007 HD Road King
2009 F800GS
User avatar
mnb
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby supercat1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm

well, i'm only paying $100 for two sets ... so i guess effectively i'm paying half that price? for as long as i hope they last, it should be about as cost effective as visiting walmart often enough to replace the bags as they tear. ;)
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks

Postby Off the grid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Like Phil I have never seen the need for bag liners.

I have ridden in driving rain and the cases have never gotten wet, plus a wipe out inside every blue moon with pledge keeps em clean.

Use the Benjamin for gas and oil, imo.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby ljjohns » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 pm

The only reason I need bag liners on my bike is that the K12LT cases don't come off and so I need something convenient to haul the contents into a motel. I never had a problem with the K11LT cases doing a lot of riding in the Washington state rain--and then just took them off the bike (albeit a minor PITA for other reasons) when we got to a motel.


That's one of the minor aggravations, in fact, I have with the K12 that I didn't think about before I purchased it.

Larry Johnson
El Paso
1996 K1100LT Sold 2007
2003 K1200LTC
1991 K75RT
ljjohns
Mad Brick Rider
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: El Paso

Postby owrstrich » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 pm

bestem is your friend...

Image

these are the ones we have... $62 shipped...

more info...

but i gotts to say i use those giant 2 gallon zip locks and plastic supermarket bags these days...

j o
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Postby wera32 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 am

I have the Bob's liners. I love using liners. I've done the plastic bag thing and it's not bad but I like to leave the bags on the bike when stopping for the night. If you've been in the rain the back of the bags get really nasty and I hated bringing them into the room with me. .

As for the deal, do you need two sets of liners? Sell the other set for $50 and you're in there.
Paul - '93 K11/12RS (sold), 2002 R1100S BCP and '03 RC51 KOG 29
User avatar
wera32
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:35 am
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Postby supercat1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 am

well, got the liners. they are both in really great shape. i look forward to finally getting to put them to use! i get the feeling i'll end up using the extra set as extra luggage to strap down on top of the hard cases.
just starting on my k11 adventure!

1993 k1100rs
supercat1
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: kansas city, ks


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron