Craftsman jack

Post Items for Sale Here

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

Craftsman jack

Postby Roy S. » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:29 pm

1993 K1100LT/On going project
I have never ridden a "Brick" (Inseam challenged, exploring solutions)
2001 Honda Shadow
LURKER at LARGE
User avatar
Roy S.
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:48 am
Location: W. Sacramento, California

Craftsman jack

Postby Don Sproule » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Hey Roy,

Have you tried using one of these jacks?
I've seen many similar types and am always leery about putting the entire weight of the K bike on the aluminum oil pan.
The BMW factory stand uses the holes in the engine block (I believe) to support the rear of the bike if you are removing the stands.

Don Sproule
Don Sproule
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Postby Flying Duck » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 pm

I just use a normal 1/4 ton hydraulic car jack under the oil sump to lift the front end up - works fine.
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Craftsman jack

Postby Roy S. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:55 am

Don Sproule wrote:Hey Roy,

Have you tried using one of these jacks?
I've seen many similar types and am always leery about putting the entire weight of the K bike on the aluminum oil pan.
The BMW factory stand uses the holes in the engine block (I believe) to support the rear of the bike if you are removing the stands.

Don Sproule


Hey Don,
I have a similar jack and I use 2x lumber help with the sturdiness. The oil sump is pretty tuff.
1993 K1100LT/On going project
I have never ridden a "Brick" (Inseam challenged, exploring solutions)
2001 Honda Shadow
LURKER at LARGE
User avatar
Roy S.
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:48 am
Location: W. Sacramento, California

Postby Don Sproule » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks guys.
I've always worried about that finned aluminum pan.
Now, I guess I can watch for the right deal on a cycle jack. I've been screwing around with saw horses all this time.

Don Sproule
Don Sproule
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Postby Bell1st » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:50 am

Don
Similar jack on sale at Canadian Tire for $60 until Thurs (I think). Just bought one but haven't had a chance to even take it out of the box yet.
Larry
'93 K1100RS "Franken Bike" ('90 K100 4V engine in a '93 frame)
Bell1st
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Don Sproule » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the tip
I may just have to head down there.

Don
Don Sproule
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests