K11 hugger?

Discuss K11 Tech - Remember to independently verify anything you see here before attempting!

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

K11 hugger?

Postby Splund » Wed May 26, 2010 8:54 am

Are there any huggers for the K11?

If I make a hugger, how would I mount it
Use the brake calliper mounting?
Drill and tap
- holes into the swing arm (side and rear facing)
- holes in the final drive lower brace mounting
Large clips around the swing arm?
Weld/Braze alluminium mounting brackets to the swing arm?

Any ideas or advice welcome.
"04 Suzuki SV650S
"94 BMW K1100LTIC
Splund
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 am
Location: Scotland, UK.

Postby Ted » Wed May 26, 2010 10:45 am

I must confess I don't know what a hugger is :)
Image Ted V Image
KOG#1 - '94 K75RT
User avatar
Ted
Site Admin
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:44 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby Off the grid » Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am

Maybe a Christian side hug?
Image
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Image

Used mostly when a fender eliminator is installed.
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Flying Duck » Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Enjoy the ride.

Image
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby michaelcurrin » Wed May 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I just removed the back half of the fender and used a bent piece of alumimum to hold the license plate.

has worked well so far

http://public.fotki.com/michaelcurrin/rallies/k1100_hps_upgrades/rear_tire.html
Mike Currin
93 BMW K1100RS / EML Speed 2000
93 Yamaha GTS 1000
67 Triumph 650 chopper
85 Honda VT 500 Meter Maid Trike (for sale)
83 BMW R80RT / EML Tour T (eldest son)
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
User avatar
michaelcurrin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:33 pm
Location: eastern NC

Postby Naked Hoof » Wed May 26, 2010 3:09 pm

oops...

Image
Last edited by Naked Hoof on Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
79 Honda CB750 trainer
traded for Suzuki GS1150e (stolen)
81 Honda CB900F
02 Kawasaki ZR7 (cursed)
93 K1100RS Mystic Red

Dreams should never be reduced in potency by subjecting them to reality. - Lord Snarebottom
Naked Hoof
Mad Brick Rider
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Northern NJ

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Image

I hate it when that happens
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Image

When I saw this, I momentarily forgot that you have a sidecar attached to it- I briefly thought you had gone over to the dark side (car tire on a two wheel motorcycle) :shock:
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Splund » Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Very good.... funny too, lol. A hugger is a neat fitting mudguard that sort of hugs the wheel.
"04 Suzuki SV650S
"94 BMW K1100LTIC
Splund
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 am
Location: Scotland, UK.

Postby michaelcurrin » Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 am

I briefly thought you had gone over to the dark side (car tire on a two wheel motorcycle)


The funny thing is, I just put a stcker "Join the Dark Side" on the sidecar windshield. Since some of the people I work with seem to think of sidecars as the dark side.
Mike Currin
93 BMW K1100RS / EML Speed 2000
93 Yamaha GTS 1000
67 Triumph 650 chopper
85 Honda VT 500 Meter Maid Trike (for sale)
83 BMW R80RT / EML Tour T (eldest son)
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
User avatar
michaelcurrin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:33 pm
Location: eastern NC

Postby RobWheatley » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

michaelcurrin wrote:I just removed the back half of the fender and used a bent piece of alumimum to hold the license plate.

has worked well so far

http://public.fotki.com/michaelcurrin/rallies/k1100_hps_upgrades/rear_tire.html


Oh I love your wheels, what are they off??
Rob
1999 K1100LTIC Smooth and Quiet :-) Cruise, BFD & HID
1996 K1100RS. dead but not forgotten.
User avatar
RobWheatley
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: Chatham, Kent. UK

Postby Flying Duck » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Image
Image
93 K11LT-"The Alien"
94 K11RS- "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
User avatar
Flying Duck
Psychotic Waterfowl
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby michaelcurrin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 am

Oh I love your wheels, what are they off??


Stock Mini Cooper
Mike Currin
93 BMW K1100RS / EML Speed 2000
93 Yamaha GTS 1000
67 Triumph 650 chopper
85 Honda VT 500 Meter Maid Trike (for sale)
83 BMW R80RT / EML Tour T (eldest son)
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
User avatar
michaelcurrin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:33 pm
Location: eastern NC

Postby rydor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:48 am

Pirate's Lair sells one for the 1998-2005 K1200RS. Perhaps it could be modded to fit your K, the final drive on that bike is very similar to yours if I remember correctly.
Image
http://pirateslair.net/Hugger1.htm
2008 K1200S PoserBrick (Rydor's)
2003 F650CS (Mrs. Rydor's)
Image
User avatar
rydor
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.


Return to 16-Valve K-Bike Tech (K1100RS, K1100LT, K100RS-16v)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests