Hungry Mother State Park - HMSP III Int'l - 2010

Plan Rides, Meetings & Get-togethers

Moderators: Scott_Anderson, Ted, Flying Duck, Jim

Postby Scott_Anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Ted wrote: I counted 12 separate State Police radar cars (and another two motor police)

Had a BLAST, big thanks to Gwen and Jim for making this all happen, looking forward to pics!!! And Phil, after 11 years it was great to finally meet you!

Ted


I saw 1 motor cop running spot radar in Indiana and 1 Illinois trooper in a red Ford Mustang, other than that they were pretty quiet. Most any other that I saw already had someone pulled over, or they were with a breakdown situation.

Ditto on thanks to Gwen and Jim for thier efforts. Job well done.
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

Postby Shoganai » Mon May 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Shoganai wrote:375 pictures to process, crop, adjust and upload.

I'll post up later... :?



A combination of user error, lens and camera setting have resulted in the all pictures requiring heavy color, shade, contrast and lighting corrections.

I have decreased mid-tones and blues and most are way too dark.

I'm still trying to clean up this mess. :oops:
1993 K1100RS aka The Shop Whore
1994 K1100RS aka Blue Streak

The long road is a rainbow and the pot of gold lies there.
So slip the chain and I'm off again,
You'll find me everywhere. I'm a Rover. - JT


Nana korobi ya oki
User avatar
Shoganai
Shop Whore Rider
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Culpeper,VA

Postby Christopher P. » Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Shoganai wrote:
Shoganai wrote:375 pictures to process, crop, adjust and upload.

I'll post up later... :?



A combination of Stoli, bed partner and camera setting have resulted in the all pictures requiring heavy color, shade, contrast and lighting corrections.

I have decreased mid-tones and blues and most are way too dark.

I'm still trying to clean up this mess. :oops:



feexed
User avatar
Christopher P.
Big Brick Rider
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:13 am
Location: 22310

Postby Paul Edlington » Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Guy's,

Forgot my password but have finally got my act together.

Hey we had a great time at HM111, a big thank you John for leading us down there it was a long hard ride but he took pity on us and broke it into 2 days.

Well we finally got to meet you all, and you looked after us just great, I have to say its a really great place that you picked for the rally, just as I imagined it was going to be, real American log cabins just fantastic.

It was great to get out on the rides over the back roads and into the twistys, I think Darryl was right in his element's I just sat back and enjoyed it all.

Just a couple of the high lights ( there were so many ) were Chris's Friday night Taco feast and of course Phil's world famous Spaghetti extravaganza, you did a great job guy's "many many thanks", I think you'll be both kept on !

We ended up in Marlinton W-VA on Sunday night and found a great biking B&B called "Clarkes Old Inn" we can highly recommend it and had a couple of great nights there along with about 12 other bike guy's who were from around the US doing there rides.

We are now down Wythevrlle VA for the night and then heading down to start the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Once again thanks for all the hospitality you showed us, who knows you may see us down there again some day.

Paul & Darryl.
Paul & Gill
93 K1100RS Mistic Red
93 K1100RS Astral Blue
& 82 R80G/S
User avatar
Paul Edlington
Big Brick Rider
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:43 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Phil Marvin » Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi, All,
I just pulled into my driveway. The trip home was uneventful, except from the time I hit El Paso county until I turned off the interstate (about 38 miles) I passed 9 highway patrolmen. Texas must be needing money badly to have 9 in less than 40 miles! I hope I can make it to HLII and look forward to seeing all of you (and maybe a few more) at HMIV.
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 am

Paul & Darryl- good to hear that your trip continues to be fun. Your accents and bikes will be an ongoing invitation that will make lots of friends on your USA/Canada voyage.

Phil- great to hear you are back home after the long haul....


Finally, I have to give a huge tip of the helmet to Mike (WVMSFKRS) who was EXTREMELY impressive on Friday, leaning that HUGE LT brick way over- in the rain- it got my attention in my mirrors. You da' MAN, Mike- and you da' woman, Missy, for riding pillion with him........
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Ernie-NH » Wed May 26, 2010 5:57 pm

:D :D :D

Hey guys......

Just got a minute on a borrowed computer... BUT want to say what a GREAT time it was for me to meet ALL of you, to hear first hand info on what/what-not to do, to share riding stories, to know that everyone has arrived home safe and that our 2 Kiwis are still taking in the eastern USA. Despite my 'roll over' when leaving the bike remains 96% unscathed and ready to accept the upgrades all of you had to offer... It'll be a busy winter in the barn, but now that I know how to "improve" the K, the next HM-lV should not be so overwhelming !! THANKS all !! and a very special thanks to our brothers Phil and Chris for their terrific feasts on our behalf.

very best regards as always, and PLEASE ride safe. the summer is young yet !

Ernie-NH 'on top of Clinch Mtn. Virginia '
AMA,, BACA,, American Deaf Bikers
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7
'95 Vulcan 1500-A
'79 Kawa KZ440B
... all registered and being ridden!
User avatar
Ernie-NH
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Bristol, New Hampshire

Postby BeemerChick » Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Travelling northward now, have made it to Brooklyn, NY. Still no rain, but I did drop the bike in Maryland.

Mental note: Before executing low-speed U-turn, down-shift!

Casualties of the stall include the already messed saddlebag (there are benefits to riding a beater-bike), left-hand mirror and my pride. Some grunting and cussing got the bike upright. Ingenuity and half a roll of electrical tape got me back on the road with my signal semi-intact.

All-in-all, counting my lucky stars. As long as all my crashes are at a crawl, I may just be OK.
First words whispered to me by my K1100RS: Faster! Faster!
BeemerChick
Brick Rider
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 am

Postby SugarHillCTD » Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 pm

BeemerChick,

Brooklyn??? How/why did you end up there? That's my "hometown" (it's on my birth certificate :oops: )


Ernie,

I envy you staying down in the land of SMOOTH roads (not like NH, eh?)


and where are Paul and Darryl now? The NZ version of Where's Waldo :lol:
SugarHillCTD
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

Postby Off the grid » Wed May 26, 2010 8:46 pm

BeemerChick wrote:Travelling northward now, have made it to Brooklyn, NY. Still no rain, but I did drop the bike in Maryland.

Mental note: Before executing low-speed U-turn, down-shift!

Casualties of the stall include the already messed saddlebag (there are benefits to riding a beater-bike), left-hand mirror and my pride. Some grunting and cussing got the bike upright. Ingenuity and half a roll of electrical tape got me back on the road with my signal semi-intact.

All-in-all, counting my lucky stars. As long as all my crashes are at a crawl, I may just be OK.


Hey the wife and I are out on the Island. We should meet up for some beers and general mayhem.
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2005 KTM 450 EXC: Goat humper
2002 Yamaha FZ1: Cop magnet
1993 K1100LT: SOLD :)
2003 Honda XR650R: SOLD :(
Image
User avatar
Off the grid
Cantankerous libtard
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Long Island, NY Home of big Stripers, bad drivers and nervous sheriffs.

Postby Phil Marvin » Wed May 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Off the grid wrote:
BeemerChick wrote:Travelling northward now, have made it to Brooklyn, NY. Still no rain, but I did drop the bike in Maryland.

Mental note: Before executing low-speed U-turn, down-shift!

Casualties of the stall include the already messed saddlebag (there are benefits to riding a beater-bike), left-hand mirror and my pride. Some grunting and cussing got the bike upright. Ingenuity and half a roll of electrical tape got me back on the road with my signal semi-intact.

All-in-all, counting my lucky stars. As long as all my crashes are at a crawl, I may just be OK.


Hey the wife and I are out on the Island. We should meet up for some beers and general mayhem.


Hey, BeemerChick,
Be careful of OTG. He can do some SERIOUS mayhem! (Hi, Dave!)
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Phil Marvin
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:31 pm
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

Postby Jim » Wed May 26, 2010 11:25 pm

BeemerChick wrote:Travelling northward now, have made it to Brooklyn, NY. Still no rain, but I did drop the bike in Maryland.

Mental note: Before executing low-speed U-turn, down-shift!

Casualties of the stall include the already messed saddlebag (there are benefits to riding a beater-bike), left-hand mirror and my pride. Some grunting and cussing got the bike upright. Ingenuity and half a roll of electrical tape got me back on the road with my signal semi-intact.

All-in-all, counting my lucky stars. As long as all my crashes are at a crawl, I may just be OK.


Hey - no more drops, OK?

It takes a lot of four letter words to get these bikes back up!

Hope the rest of your trip is good - and safe!
Jim bmw-)
I'll stick with "the brick"
1997 K1100LTSEA 70,000

"There's a disturbance in the Force" Yoda
User avatar
Jim
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:46 am
Location: Northern VA US

Postby BeemerChick » Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 am

@ SugarHill
I've an Aussie friend who's staying here for a couple months. I'm loving it so far. Got a kick out of the landlord getting all worried about my bike's safety. After an hour or more of recommending places to hide it (with him constantly underestimating the machine's width) it's now safely tucked in a corner behind his car in the fenced yard. I think he feels better now.

@OTG
Thanks for the invite! I'm only here for a couple days, though, with lots of catching up on the plate. Would have loved to have taken you up on it, though. You were a bit of a legend at HM (with Phil's warning here as evidence). If the invite stands, I'll see you next time I make it down!

@Jim
More four letter words that I care to count. And I hate to admit it, but with the bike fully loaded and lying downhill, a sympathetic stranger's muscle was a welcome help. Sigh... where are those elusive training wheel mounts?
First words whispered to me by my K1100RS: Faster! Faster!
BeemerChick
Brick Rider
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 am

Postby BeemerChick » Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Back on Canadian soil!

One dropped bike, but not a single drop of rain!
First words whispered to me by my K1100RS: Faster! Faster!
BeemerChick
Brick Rider
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 am

Postby Jim » Mon May 31, 2010 12:14 am

BeemerChick wrote:Back on Canadian soil!

One dropped bike, but not a single drop of rain!


Thanks for keeping us posted - let us know when you're safely home.
Jim bmw-)
I'll stick with "the brick"
1997 K1100LTSEA 70,000

"There's a disturbance in the Force" Yoda
User avatar
Jim
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:46 am
Location: Northern VA US

Postby Scott_Anderson » Mon May 31, 2010 12:36 am

BeemerChick wrote:Back on Canadian soil!

One dropped bike, but not a single drop of rain!


Sound's like my trip home. One little oooooops and dry all the way home.
Like Jim said let us know when you do make it all the way.
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

Postby BeemerChick » Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

and HOME!

Bike unpacked ad covered, car cleaned of pollen, pets retrieved and back to life in the downgraded (but lovely) cabin of home.

Got rain, btw: gawd's punishment for having bragged a day early.

Thanks again to all for making the HM3 part of the journey a blast!
First words whispered to me by my K1100RS: Faster! Faster!
BeemerChick
Brick Rider
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 am

Postby Scott_Anderson » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 pm

You are very welcome, see ya again next year?
Ride safe.

Share the Road Instructor
1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
User avatar
Scott_Anderson
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am
Location: Central Iowa, USA

Postby Ernie-NH » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Good morning Biker Chic ( aka BC )....

Hey glad you made it back ok... it was great to see you and to meet finally.. I also hope you'll become a regular at the KOG events if they are within reasonable distances.. I think we have a great group and even better that we all get along and have a beter than average understandi of the bikes we ride !

See you again BC,,, be good, be well, and ride safe !

Ernie [/i]
AMA,, BACA,, American Deaf Bikers
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7
'95 Vulcan 1500-A
'79 Kawa KZ440B
... all registered and being ridden!
User avatar
Ernie-NH
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Bristol, New Hampshire

Postby BeemerChick » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Gawds willing, I will indeed be back for another round next year.

Great times! :D
First words whispered to me by my K1100RS: Faster! Faster!
BeemerChick
Brick Rider
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 am

Postby Ernie-NH » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 am

:D :D :D

Good morning all....

Well I finally made it back to NH from HM-Meet last night at 7pm after a month and 4 days away on the road. HM was a GREAT event, super attendance, great food by Phil and Chris, and just super commraderie from all. It was terrific meeting all of you, and despite the 'roll over' when leaving I simply could not have had a better time with better people anywhere on the planet ! Thanks to everyone for the tips and the advice and the constant conversation, I'm really looking forward to next year, aren't you ??

Ride safe everyone, and very best regards....// Ernie-NH
AMA,, BACA,, American Deaf Bikers
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7
'95 Vulcan 1500-A
'79 Kawa KZ440B
... all registered and being ridden!
User avatar
Ernie-NH
Flying Brick Rider
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Bristol, New Hampshire

Previous

Return to Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests