| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 pm Post subject: Guess this belongs here |
|
|
Yesterday a moderator replied to my post by stating: (his actual words)
"you're either lying or not too bright"
Very nice, very UN-ADULT. THANKS....
Many of us may disagree based on our own opinions, have different ideas and thoughts. But calling anyone's opinion "not too bright" is not good (I won't stoop to the language that this mod probably uses in his daily life)
Justify it any way you may want FD, but that is really a poor way to respond.
I have asked the other 2, non-psychologically challenged moderators to remove me from this forum. I'm done. Do not need this stupidity.
Thanks OTG, Roy and all the others that reply in a non-derogatory manner.
OTG, hope to ride with you some day on L.I.
Dr. John Strasser |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:56 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Ugh John.
I could tell by your tone that it struck a nerve.
What you have to understand is that while Drake is a little....blunt sometimes (weird coming from me I know) you have to take what he says with a grain of salt and just build a bridge and get over it.
Thick skin and short memory goes a long way.
You are entitled to your feelings, but I would hate to see you disappear over something trivial.
One of my saying is, "How much is that person paying for the space in your head?"
Remember, resentments only hurt YOU.
Please reconsider.
-Dave _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
fnord Mad Brick Rider

Joined: 23 Oct 2008 Posts: 147 Location: Colebrook, CT
|
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
It's just a web forum, don't get so personally invested in it. _________________ 1993 K1100RS
1999 Jeep Wrangler |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Mystic Red Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 2330 Location: Twin Lakes Idaho
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:16 am Post subject: |
|
|
John, I've talked to Duck on the phone, he's a decent guy, don't leave because of one difference of opinion.
On edit, I'm a poor beggar, do what you have to do. _________________ Scott Hespelt, '94 K11LT
K11 OG #466 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
abreeze Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 17 Jun 2006 Posts: 671 Location: atlanta
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Quote: | | I've talked to Duck on the phone, he's a decent guy |
Yeah, you know, but he's got that look....
Rumor is he is on 'Double' secret probation now.... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
owrstrich Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 29 Oct 2006 Posts: 2566 Location: CheezConsin
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
s h c t d...
if you leave we will have no representation north of the notch...
and about riding with o t g... you gotta be ch1tt1ng me...
i have it on good authority that o t g is the alter ego of that freak l t stalker mickey orourke from long island...
they are 1 in the same... they have never been seen together...
j o _________________ yeeeeeehaaaaaaa... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
OK,
I will leave the past behind me.
Dave, you there? I'm counting on you and the "J O" man to watch my back. I may have some goofy ideas- but after hearing patients complain all day long, I don't wanna' get any SSHHIITT here..........
I may hear the song of that great Duc exhaust note, but I can't afford to get rid of the heap o' Panzer wagon yet.
John |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
owrstrich Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 29 Oct 2006 Posts: 2566 Location: CheezConsin
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
s h c t d...
have o t g take a photo of your back and pm it to me... i will print it off and will watch your back...
but be careful... o t g and mickey orourke have never been seen together...
i think they are the same person... so you better pull out the multiple personality disorder books and brush up a little... you are gonna need all the help you can get... and by no means should you go alone...
j o _________________ yeeeeeehaaaaaaa... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hey man I get it from patients and administrators almost daily.
Just read what I wrote.
-D _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Roy S. Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 05 Mar 2008 Posts: 1349 Location: W. Sacramento, California
|
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi John,
I just got back in town and saw this post. For myself, and others on this forum, I'm sure. It would be a loss not to have you as part of this forum. I'm very happy that you decided to continue to be a part of our family, such as it is.
Roy S. _________________ 1993 K1100LT/On going project
1990 K75rt
1991 K75s
LURKER at LARGE |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Sonu Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 Posts: 400 Location: San Jose, CA
|
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hello John,
It's great that you decided to stay.
We're a pretty small group as it is and they're not making any more K bikes.
Hope you find it in your heart to truly reconcile and move on. We're all human and far less reliable than the K bikes. You already know that the moderators have a tough job (not to mention low wages for it!)
Cheers!
Sanjiv _________________ 1997 K1100LT "Ziggy" _GarminGPS_Corbin saddle_K Guards _Hyperlights_Fog lights_Eastern Beaver Relays_Cee Bailey_4"speakers_Michelin PR4's_MoS2_Spiegler lines_TPMS_VDO
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
mnb Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Posts: 660 Location: San Jose, CA
|
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
To put it plainly...
Shit gets outta hand quickly online. Words can be misinterpreted, no matter how sure you are of their intent, because tone and phrasing are lost in text. I've seen it happen again and again in the 15 years I've been online. And I've been smack dead in the middle of it far more often that I'd have liked. You'd think I'd have learned by now... but it still happens every so often.
I've met FD in person and he struck me as a genuinely good person. And MNB is never wrong. EVER! At least not about that stuff anyways. He probably was outta smokes or didn't get laid or something and got grouchy.
It is amazing how much we all love our bricks. By today's standards, they're really nothing special. But even so, just yesterday, I was showing some squids how it's done. We love our bricks because they're such rugged machines. It's that dependability which brought us together here online. And I've come to depend on those of you here as well as much as I depend on my brick.
Yeah, once I get rolling, I can pull quite a bit of sap outta that three, eh? But matters is it's true. And I'm not ashamed to say it. (looks down, balls still there... whew!).
Thanks for stepping back and not pulling the ripcord. You and everyone that posts here (even the rare posters) contribute so much to what has been to me a great group and an extremely useful board. _________________ M N B
1997 BMW K1100LT ABS Special Edition
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
2007 Harley Davidson Road King
2009 BMW F800GS
2011 Husqvarna TE310
2014 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak MNB Edition |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|